Monday, August 29, 2011

Dip Me, Please!

Need a crowd pleasing appetizer?  Labor Day is coming right up and I'm sure cookouts will be on the agenda for many of you.  Here's an appetizer that will please adults and children alike (I know - I tried it out on my friends this weekend!).

WHAT WILL I NEED?

1 cup of ricotta cheese
2 cups of sour cream
1 packet of italian seasoning/dressing mix
3/4 cup of mozarella cheese
1 small package of sliced pepperoni

WHAT DO I DO NOW?

In a mixing bowl combine the ricotta cheese, sour cream, and italian dressing mix.  Stir well.  Transfer your mixture to a small baking dish and top with the mozarella cheese and top with enough pepperoni slices to cover the top of the dip.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the pepperoni is cooked and the cheese is bubbling.  Serve your dip with chips or garlic bread sticks. 




This dip was a hit with my friends and my daughter was disappointed that we didn't have any to bring home.  This recipe made quite a bit and both of my serving bowls were scraped clean.  ENJOY!
(This recipe adapted from www.allrecipes.com)

What will YOU scratch out of the box today?

Comments, questions or suggestions?  Let me know by commenting below or find Scratched Right Out of the Box of Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment