Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Melt in Your Mouth Enchiladas!!

I scream, you scream, we all scream for... enchiladas??  You will after you taste these! 

WHAT WILL I NEED?

1 lb of lean ground beef (you may us the ground meat of your choice - like 99% fat free chicken - but the beef really does make this dish more flavorful)
1 can of cheddar cheese soup
1 small can of mild enchilada sauce
1/2 cup of chopped onions
1 small can of mushrooms (you can use fresh mushrooms - but sautee them first)
1 packet of mild taco seasoning mix
8 flour tortillas (I used La Banderita Fat Free)
3/4 cup shredded 2% cheddar cheese

WHAT DO I DO NOW?

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
Spray a large baking dish with non-stick spray
Brown your meat.  Once meat is browned add the chopped onions and the canned mushrooms. 
Cook for a few minutes to allow the onions and mushrooms to cook.
Add the taco seasoning mix and stir well.
Add the cheddar cheese soup.
Allow the mixture to cook for a few minutes, or until the cheddar cheese soup is bubbling.
Time to fill your tortillas!
Fill your tortillas one by one, using even amounts of your meat mixture. 
Fold each filled tortilla burrito style and place them seam side down in your baking dish.
I can usually fit 6 filled tortillas side by side and then I place my last two at the top.  See photo.
Pour the entire can of enchilada sauce over the filled tortillas.
Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Bake for about 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and enchildada sauce is bubbling.





Serve with mexican rice over a bed of lettuce.  My family loves tostitos - so we typically have some chips and salsa with this meal.  This is a staple meal in my house!

One reader asked if I would post calorie counts - and though I probably won't be able to calculate them every time - I did calculate the calories for this meal!  269 calories per enchilada (keep in mind that I used fat free tortillas, 2% shredded cheese and lean beef - if you use different items the calorie count will change)

What will YOU scratch out of the box today?

Comments, questions or suggestions?  Leave a comment below or find Scratched Right Out of the Box on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment